This page will be updated on August 10th, 2018, thank you for your patience.
You can also contribute to the platform by volunteering with us.
In the meanwhile, we’d like to remind you what are the roles and responsibilities of City Council.
The role of Council as set out in the City of Toronto Act, 2006 is:
- to represent the public and to consider the well-being and interests of the City
- to develop and evaluate the policies and programs of the City
- to determine which services the City provides
- to ensure that administrative policies, practices and procedures and controllership policies, practices and procedures are in place to implement the decisions of Council
- to ensure the accountability and transparency of the operations of the City, including the activities of the senior management of the City of Toronto
- to maintain the financial integrity of the City and
- to carry out the duties of Council under this or any other Act