Contributions over 25$ qualify for the Toronto Contribution Rebate Program. Under the Contribution Rebate Program, individuals who contribute to mayor or councillor candidates in an election can receive a rebate from the City for their contributions.
Please provide your full postal address as well as a phone number in the comment box below so we can register your donation. You may also donate by check or cash.
- only monetary contributions from individuals are eligible for a rebate
- total contributions of $25 or less are not eligible for a rebate
- contributions of goods or services are not eligible for a rebate
- corporations and trade unions cannot contribute to candidates running for mayor or councillor
- any contributions that contravene the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 are not eligible for a rebate
- a contributor who contributes to multiple candidates cannot give a total of more than $5,000
- failure to do so may result in a fine up to $25,000 or imprisonment
- the candidate must close their campaign before their contributors can receive a rebate
- the candidate must file an audited financial statement by the financial filing deadline
- if a candidate is involved in a compliance audit proceeding, their contributors will not receive a rebate until the process has been completed